ManageSoft has released Service Pack 1 for ManageSoft Deployment Manager 7.9. This article contains information about how to obtain the service pack for managed devices, how to install the service pack, and details of the problems that it addresses.
ManageSoft Deployment Manager 7.9 Service Pack 1 (SP1) contains the latest updates to Deployment Manager 7.9 components. These updates include a collection of fixes across different functional areas. This article provides information about the service pack for managed devices. See the "Related articles" section below for information about using the service pack on other components.
It is strongly recommended that all ManageSoft Deployment Manager 7.9 installations apply SP1 as soon as practical in order to avoid running in to problems that have been addressed.
Getting ManageSoft Deployment Manager 7.9 SP1
You can download SP1 using FTP from one of the following FTP servers using the "release" username:
Once logged in to the FTP server, the service pack can be found at the following path:
If you do not have a current password for accessing this area, please contact ManageSoft Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will be able to assist you.
The service pack is supplied as a self extracting executable file. After executing the file to extract the contents, there are three installation options.
- Receive the provided ManageSoft package into the ManageSoft software library and deploy it like any other package. This is the simplest option.
It is safe to target the package to all devices, as the managed device will automatically determine when and where it actually needs to install the service pack. Using this method, logging from the install will be saved in the configured ManageSoft LogFile directory as installation.log and installation.log-msi.
By default, the patch is installed using the /qb- options, and will show a basic user interface with no modal dialog boxes.To install quietly, edit the ManageSoft package, locate the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Relaunch\CurrentVersion registry key, and append /qn to its MgsMsiArgsregistry entry.
- Install the service pack directly from the MgsKB100829.msp, by running the following command:
msiexec /l*v %TEMP%\MgsKB100829.log /p MgsKB100829.msp /qb+ REINSTALL=ALL
- Create an administrative install point (AIP) of 7.9 including the service pack, by running the following commands:
msiexec /a "C:\ManageSoft\Managed devices\Win32\ManageSoft for managed devices.Msi" TARGETDIR="C:\MDM79SP1-MD_AIP" /qb+msiexec /p MgsKB100829.msp /a "C:\MDM79SP1-MD_AIP\ManageSoft for managed devices.Msi" /qb+
There is no option to uninstall this service pack once it has been installed. To revert a system to use the gold Deployment Manager 7.9 release after the service pack has been installed, you must remove all Deployment Manager components and re-install them.
The following problems are addressed by this service pack:
- 47824 - Scheduled tasks intermittently stop running on until reboot
- 52140 - mgsdl service stops responding after network disconnect reconnect on NT
- 52961 - Logging done by 7.9 managed device agents performs very poorly
- 52964 - MD agents that run in user context are blocked on Vista if UAC is on
- 53061 - ndtrack.exe crashes if registry contains non-null terminated strings
- 53088 - Tracing generated by MD agents in 7.9 is frequently corrupted.
Changed files and registry entries
The following files and registry entries will be updated when this service pack is installed: <