This article describes how to resolve a problem that may occur when attempting to download Microsoft Office patches in Security Manager 7.9.5.
In Security Manager 7.9.5, not all Microsoft Office patches are automatically selected for download.
Microsoft Office patches which come in the form of .cab files will not be selected for download, and you must manually select them before downloading them. To download these patches, you must:
- Open the security bulletin properties.
- Display the Affected productspage.
- Select the check box to the left of the patch name.
- Click OK to save your changes.
The patch in the MgsKB100892.zip archive attached to this article below can be installed to change the behavior of Security Manager 7.9.5 to ensure .cabbased patches are automatically selected to be downloaded and packaged as part of relevant security bulletins.
After applying the product update, any new .cab based patches will be automatically available to download.
For any .cab based patches already in the list of new and updated security bulletins, you will still need to select the patch on the Affected products page before downloading the patches.
Installation on the core administration server
You should install the product update on the core administration server, but you do not have to install the update on the reports server or data server.
- To install the product update on the core administration server, save the MgsKB100892.zip file attached to this article.
- Extract the contents of the zip file to a temporary location on the administration server.
- Run MgsKB100892.exe.
Installation on remote consoles
To install the product update on remote consoles, you may use the same installation method as for the core administration server (see above). Alternatively, you may install the update ManageSoft package. To do this from the ManageSoft console:
- Right-click the Software Library node and select Download and import support packages...
The Check for updates from support website dialog is displayed.
- Select the package ManageSoft Security Manager 7.9.5 Patch for KB100892.
- Click OK.
The patch is packaged in your software library, ready for deployment.
- Deploy the package using standard ManageSoft practises.