This article describes the solution to correct bandwidth setting conflicts in Deployment Manager 7.9.5.
When editing bandwidth settings for a distribution server or location using a Deployment Manager 7.9.5 administration console, the following error is received if the ending time of a time period is the same as the starting time of another time period:
The current time period setting are in conflict with an existing time period: TIME PERIOD. Please select a different set of values.
Previous versions of Deployment Manager allowed time periods configured in this fashion, so this error is particularly likely to occur on systems that have been upgraded from Deployment Manager 7.9 or earlier.
To correct this problem, install the KB100890 product update on the core administration server. (You do not have to install this update on data servers or report servers.)
This updates a number of DLLs on the core administration server:
- Update ManageSoft.Distribution.API.dll
- Update ManageSoft.DistributionBrowser.ScopePane.dll
Installation on the core administration server
- To install the product update on the core administration server, save the MgsKB100890.zip file attached to this article.
- Extract the contents of the zip file to a temporary location on the core administration server.
- Run MgsKB100890.exe.
Installation on remote consoles
To install the product update on remote consoles, you may install the update using the same procedure as for the core administration server (see above). Alternatively, you may install the update as&nbspa ManageSoft package. To do this from the ManageSoft console:
- Right-click the Software Library node and select Download and import support packages...
The Check for updates from support website dialog is displayed.
- Select the package ManageSoft for Administration Servers 7.9.5 Patch for KB100890.
- Click OK.
The patch is packaged in your software library, ready for deployment.
- Deploy the package using standard ManageSoft practises.