This patch enable access to the bandwidth slider window even while external installers and security scans are being executed. This patch may be installed on ManageSoft for managed devices versions 8.0 to 8.0.2. This functionality is included in the ManageSoft for managed devices and ManageSoft for distribution servers 8.0.3 and later releases.
To install, run:
msiexec /l*v %TEMP%\MgsKB100959.log /qb- /p MgsKB100959.msp REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=omus
A simple external installer ManageSoft package has been created to deploy the patch. Both the MSP file and the Managesoft package are contained in the attached file Mgs100959.zip.
A reboot is required to complete the installation if ManageSoft is installing a package at the time the patch is installed. In that case, the reboot does not have to be performed immediately, but the issue will not be resolved until the reboot is performed. Use the additional msiexec parameter REBOOT=ReallySuppress to suppress any reboot at the time of patch installation. If the patch is deployed via an external installer-based ManageSoft package, Windows Installer will return a non-0 exit code if a reboot is required. ManageSoft will typically interpret that as an installation failure. If the patch installation really did succeed, the installation should be reported as a success after the next policy update.
Uninstallation is only possible on Windows XP SP2, Windows Server 2003 SP1, or later platforms, or on earlier platforms running Windows Installer 3.0 or later.
Changes made by installing this patch
Installing this patch makes the following changes:
- Installs an updated [INSTALLDIR]\Launcher\ndserv.exe (file version 8.0.768.4217).
- Installs an updated [INSTALLDIR]\Launcher\plugins\ndc.dll (file version 8.0.768.4217).
- Installs an updated [INSTALLDIR]\Launcher\plugins\npl.dll (file version 8.0.768.4217).
- Installs an updated [INSTALLDIR]\SecurityAnalysis\plugins\mbsa.dll (file version 8.0.768.4217).
- Installs an updated [INSTALLDIR]\SecurityAnalysis\plugins\office.dll (file version 8.0.768.4217).
- Installs an updated [INSTALLDIR]\Security Agent\SecurityAgent.exe (file version 8.0.1024.4247).
- A registry value is created at HKLM\SOFTWARE\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Patches\KB100959=8.03.4247.
Problems fixed by this patch
This patch fixes the following problems:
- 59379 Bandwidth throttling cannot be adjusted outside of download times