ManageSoft has released Service Pack 1 for ManageSoft Deployment Manager 7.9. This article contains information about how to obtain the service pack for core administration servers, how to install the service pack, and details of the problems that it addresses.
ManageSoft Deployment Manager 7.9 Service Pack 1 (SP1) contains the latest updates to Deployment Manager 7.9 components. These updates include a collection of fixes across different functional areas. This article provides information about the service pack for core administration servers. See the "Related articles" section below for information about using the service pack on other components.
Note: This service pack component is only required, and should only be installed, on the core administration server. If you have a multi-server installation, you should not install this service pack on any separate ManageSoft data or reporting (web) servers.
It is strongly recommended that all ManageSoft Deployment Manager 7.9 installations apply SP1 as soon as practical in order to avoid running in to problems that have been addressed.
Getting ManageSoft Deployment Manager 7.9 SP1
You can download SP1 using FTP from one of the following FTP servers using the "release" username:
Once logged in to the FTP server, the service pack can be found at the following path:
If you do not have a current password for accessing this area, please contact ManageSoft Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will be able to assist you.
Install this package only on your core ManageSoft server (see note above).
The service pack is supplied as a self extracting executable file.
- Execute the file to extract its contents.
To install the service pack directly from the MgsKB100826.msp, run the following command:
msiexec /l*v %TEMP%\MgsKB100826.log /p MgsKB100826.msp /qb REINSTALL=ALL
Note that it is not possible to do an administrative install of the ManageSoft for administration servers.Msi package and then patch that administrative install for subsequent installation.
There is no option to uninstall this service pack once it has been installed. To revert a system to use the gold Deployment Manager 7.9 release after the service pack has been installed, you must remove all Deployment Manager components and re-install them.
The following problems are addressed by this service pack:
- 52310 - DPE and administration console may crash on shutdown (especially on Windows 2000)
- 52700 - Prevent creation of ManageSoft containers when using GPMC
- 52961 - Managed device logging performs very poorly
- 53061 - ndtrack.exe crashes if registry contains non-null terminated strings
- 53076 - Add to Policy Wizard doesn't use configured AutomaticUninstall value
- 53088 - Tracing generated by managed devices 7.9 is frequently corrupted
- 53185 - Usage data fails to import if Incoming folder is not under C:\ManageSoft
Changed files and registry entries
The following files and registry entries will be updated when this service pack is installed:
- [SYSTEM32]\mgscmn.dll (file version file version 7.144.512.16603)
- [INSTALLDIR]\Common\mgscmn.dll (file version file version 7.144.512.16603)
- [INSTALLDIR]\Common\mgscomn.dll (file version file version 7.144.512.16603)
- [INSTALLDIR]\Common\nddist.dll (file version 7.144.512.10007)
- [INSTALLDIR]\Common\nddol.dll (file version 7.144.512.10007)
- [INSTALLDIR]\Common\ndpkgi.dll (file version 7.144.512.10007)
- [INSTALLDIR]\DotNet\bin\ ManageSoft.Allocation.ApprovalWizard.dll (file version 7.144.512.10007)
- [INSTALLDIR]\DotNet\bin\ManageSoft.Activation.WizardBase.dll (file version 188.8.131.5207)
- [INSTALLDIR]\Policy\nddpe.dll (file version 7.144.512.10007)
- [INSTALLDIR]\RemoteExecution\Public\ClientAgent\mgscmn.dll (file version 7.144.512.16603)