ManageSoft has released Service Pack 1 for ManageSoft Deployment Manager 7.9. This article contains information about how to obtain the service pack for deployment policy editors, how to install the service pack, and details of the problems that it addresses.
ManageSoft Deployment Manager 7.9 Service Pack 1 (SP1) contains the latest updates to Deployment Manager 7.9 components. These updates include a collection of fixes across different functional areas. This article provides information about the service pack for deployment policy editors. See the "Related articles" section below for information about using the service pack on other components.
Note: The service pack component described here is only relevant for use on computers that have only the ManageSoft Deployment Policy Editor.msi package installed for stand-alone editing of deployment policies. Specifically, this service pack component should not be used on complete administration server installations, nor on computers configured as a remote consoles. These require different service packs, as detailed in the "Related articles" section below.
It is strongly recommended that all ManageSoft Deployment Manager 7.9 installations apply SP1 as soon as practical in order to avoid running in to problems that have been addressed.
Getting ManageSoft Deployment Manager 7.9 SP1
You can download SP1 using FTP from one of the following FTP servers using the "release" username:
Once logged in to the FTP server, the service pack can be found at the following path:
If you do not have a current password for accessing this area, please contact ManageSoft Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will be able to assist you.
The service pack is supplied as a self extracting executable file. After executing the file to extract the contents, there are two installation options.
To install the service pack directly from the MgsKB100827.msp, run the following command:
msiexec /l*v %TEMP%\MgsKB100827.log /p MgsKB100827.msp /qb REINSTALL=ALL
- To create an administrative install point (AIP) of 7.9 including the service pack, run the following commands:
msiexec /a "C:\ManageSoft\Tools\Deployment policy editor\ManageSoft Deployment Policy Editor.Msi" TARGETDIR="C:\MDM79SP1-DPE_AIP" /qb
msiexec /p MgsKB100827.msp /a "C:\MDM79SP1-DPE_AIP\ManageSoft Deployment Policy Editor.Msi" /qb
There is no option to uninstall this service pack once it has been installed. To revert a system to use the gold Deployment Manager 7.9 release after the service pack has been installed, you must remove all Deployment Manager components and re-install them.
The following problems are addressed by this service pack:
- 52310 - DPE and administration console may crash on shutdown (especially on Windows 2000)
- 52700 - Prevent creation of ManageSoft containers when using GPMC.
Changed files and registry entries
The following files and registry entries will be updated when this service pack is installed:
- [SYSTEM32]\mgscmn.dll (file version 7.144.512.16603)
- [INSTALLDIR]\Common\mgscmn.dll (file version 7.144.512.16603)
- [INSTALLDIR]\Common\mgscomn.dll (file version 7.144.512.16603)
- [INSTALLDIR]\DotNet\bin\ManageSoft.Activation.WizardBase.dll (file version 126.96.36.19907)
- [INSTALLDIR]\Policy\nddpe.dll (file version 7.144.512.10007)
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\KB100827=7.91.10007