- Infrastructure node > Infrastructure editor > Distribution Servers > run the option: "Update failover locations for the entire distribution hierarchy" and send to all locations.
- Scheduling node > Scheduling editor > Default Machine Schedule > If "Update Failover locations" does not exist then add that event, configure the triggers and distribute Default Machine Schedule
- Policies node > edit the desired default machine policy and add the Default Machine Schedule then distribute the policy.
- Update the policy file using mgspolicy (if the admin server section was done before installing the agent, then this will be done automatically)
- Run schedule agent on Windows this is from the run command using ndschedag -t machine
- Unfortunately UNIX does not have a ndschedag UI nor is there an easy way to trigger an event. The only way to do it is to use "ndschedag -x <ID>" from the command line however to get <ID> you will need to find it within the .nds file using a text editor.
- If everything has been distributed and the policy has been applied then you should now see "Update Client Settings" - run this and it will automatically configure your upload settings for you.
If neither of the above is possible then you can add -o UploadLocation=http://"192.168.0.1" where 192.168.0.1 is the upload server location however this is not recommended as it does not allow you to add the additional parameters that the other solutions offer.