Note: Some releases of ManageSoft Security Patch Management and ManageSoft Security Manager shipped with a ManageSoft package that contained all of Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) 1.2, Enterprise Scanning Tools, and the Office Update Inventory Tool. Current releases of ManageSoft Security Patch Management and ManageSoft Security Manager provide separate packages for each of these tools.
Follow the instructions below to download and deploy the updated Microsoft Office Update Inventory Tool package if either of the following is true:
- Your currently deployed ManageSoft package containing MBSA is version 1.2.4013.4 or earlier. In addition to updating this Microsoft Office Update Inventory Tool package, you must also update the MBSA package as described in ManageSoft KB article M100755.
- You are supporting managed devices running ManageSoft release 7.6, and you will update the deployed version of Microsoft Enterprise Scan tools as described in Managesoft KB article M100690.
- If you are running a release of ManageSoft Security Patch Management earlier than 7.2, you must first perform an upgrade.
The package supplied with this article is suitable for use with ManageSoft Security Patch Management 7.2, ManageSoft Security Manager 7.7, and later releases of both products. Specifically, this package is suitable for deployment to managed devices running ManageSoft release 7.2.1 or later. The package will not work on managed devices running earlier releases of ManageSoft.
- Download the update from Download locations below, unzip it, and receive it in to an appropriate location in your software library.
- Distribute the Office Update Inventory Tool package to all appropriate distribution locations.
- Remove the old Office Update Inventory Tool package from any policies to which it belongs, and add this version.
Office Update Inventory Tool package
(version 22.214.171.124, last updated January 3 2007)