ManageSoft Security Patch Management and Security Manager utilize several third party tools to detect and patch security vulnerabilities. ManageSoft Security Manager 7.9 includes a component that may be used to automatically download and package the latest versions of these tools. This component may also be used with earlier versions of Security Patch Management and Security Manager to obtain the latest versions of these packages.
Updating the third party Security Prerequisite Packages
The PackageIndexTool zip in the Download locations list below may be used on versions of Security Patch Management and Security Manager earlier than 7.9 to automatically download and package the latest versions of
- Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
- Microsoft Enterprise Scanning Tools
- Microsoft Office Update Inventory Tool
- Microsoft Windows Update Agent
- Download the zip file below and unzip it into a suitable location (eg C:\PackageIndexTool)
- Execute PackageIndexTool.vbs contained in this folder. Note: PackageIndexTool.vbs contains default command line arguments to PackageIndexTool.exe which are appropriate in most environments.
- Distribute the updated packages to all appropriate distribution locations.
- Remove the old security packages from any relevant policies, and add these new versions.