Distribution locations and reporting locations are required for Deployment Manager. To use FTP protocol for transfers to/from these locations, configure the virtual directories ManageSoftDL and ManageSoftRL on Administration and Distribution Servers. This procedure shows how to do this on Windows Server 2008 R2
FTP Server should be installed as part of IIS web server installation.
- Open Internet Information Services Manager.
- Right click on the Server Name node.
- From the context menu, click on Add FTP Site, The Site information dialog will open.
- In the FTP Site Name field, enter a name, such as ManageSoftDL or ManageSoftRL (as appropriate).
- In the Physical Path field, specify the path of deployment location (or reporting location) on the server. Usually it is under:
- For deployment locations, DriveName:\ManageSoft\LocalDeployment
- For reporting locations, DriveName:\ManageSoft\Incoming.
- Click Next.
- On Binding and SSL Settings page, select appropriate settings for SSL. If you are not using SSL, select No SSL.
- Click Next.
- On Authentication and Authorization page select appropriate options for Authentication and Authorization and give Read and Write Access and click Finish.
- Repeat the above steps for Reporting/Upload Location, configuring both locations on all affected servers.