In many organisations it is not possible to run an MSI installer on a database server due to security considerations. As a result you cannot install FNMP using the normal process and must install it manually, the process of which is covered by this article.
- Make sure that the MGS Compliance Users group (or equivalent) has full access to the database
- Locate the scripts needed to create the FNMP database. These can either be found in the Data.cab in the same folder as the MSI, or in the attachment to KB article Q201501
For 8.5 and above the migration scripts are attached to separate KB articles which include the scripts for Deployment Manager (which you should run first; refer to linked article M100806 for DM database installation) and FlexNetManager Platform:
- FNMP 8.5: Q214159
- FNMP 8.6: Q201501
- FNMP 9.0: Q207593
- If the EDS product will be using this database, manually apply the database scripts for that product. If the EDS product is not required, then run the scripts ManageSoftSchema.sql and ManageSoftProcedures.sql to create the components of the EDS product that are needed by FNMP
Run the following scripts in order:
- ComplianceFullText.sql (8.5 or above - must have full text indexing enabled on the database first)
When you run the MSI installer on the application server is an attached batch file to pass certain commands which has been zipped up. Please edit the attached batch file and modify the command:
- MGSCOMPLIANCEUSERS="UKDOMAIN\ITAM Compliance Users"