The RayVentory Inventory Agent has multiple ways how to configure secure connections, this article describes how and where to configure those and how to disable the certificate check entirely.
- RayVentory Inventory Agent does not consider certificates from the windows certificate store
- You can add multiple parameters to the properties, you can simply type a blank between the arguments
1. Disabling certificate check
To disable the checking for the certificate, go to SETTINGS → INVENTORY → INVENTORY AGENT → EDIT
In the CONFIGURATION EDITOR add a "-k" to the properties "configDownloadCurlArgs" and "resultUploadCurlArgs"
2. Specifying the certificate location
To specify the certificate location, go to SETTINGS → INVENTORY → INVENTORY AGENT → EDIT
configDownloadCurlArgs = --cacert =<pathtocertificate>
resultUploadCurlArgs = --cacert =<pathtocertificate>
configDownloadCurlArgs = --capath=<pathtocertificatefolder>
resultUploadCurlArgs = --capath=<pathtocertificatefolder>
3. Adding the certificate directly into the .crt file
Navigate to the installation location of the InventoryAgent and open the file curl-ca-bundle.crt
You can manually copy the certificate to the file. This has to be done for every location where the agent is installed.